You should have all received a letter via email from Miss Mwete our Board Chair, addressing the current economic malaise and the school fee issue. Hard copies of this letter are also available from the school office.
I too would like to thank our parent body for your faithfulness and for your continued support of our wonderful Carmel School during this challenging time. I thank my administrative, teaching and grounds staff too, for their commitment to Carmel and your children. They are all remarkable people.
Lift Clubs and the sharing of transport to and from school with teachers and parent living in your area is a positive approach in dealing with the fuel shortages.
I am pleased to announce that our brand new Carmel School website has been launched and may be accessed via www.carmelschool.co.zw I would like to thank Craig Riley the website designer, for this wonderful work. Violette Kee- tui, our marketing consultant, is also to be thanked for maintaining our Carmel Facebook page and for keeping postings current and interesting.
Sports News and Congratulations to:
- the Colts Cricket team for winning the Whitestone Cricket Festival.
- Lwandile Chitofu, Anthony Gliwitzki, Isaac Phiri and Jarrad Rahman who have been selected for the Matabeleland under 13 cricket team.
- all the swimmers who participated in the Inter-house Gala, and particularly Galil House for winning the closely contested competition by just 3 points.
- Kudzai Chapepa and Naledi Kurira on winning the Inter – Schools Doubles Tennis Tournament held at Convent School last weekend.
The Carmel Diamond Jubilee Dinner Dance
Please support what promises to be an amazing event to be held here at Carmel School on Saturday, November 17th, 2018, at 7 pm. Tickets are now on sale from the Bursar’s Office.
Diamond Jubilee Celebration Concert
Our musical, which involves every child in the school, has three scheduled performances:
- Tuesday 20 November 2018 – Dress rehearsal/senior citizens from 3.00pm to 5.00pm.
- Wednesday 21 November 2018 – 6.30pm to 8.00pm
- Thursday 22 November 2018 – 6.30pm to 8.00pm
Tickets cost $3.00 each and are on sale from the Bursar’s office NOW.
Civvies Day. The $200.00 that was raised by our pupils has been donated to the Bulawayo School Box Challenge. Thank you for helping less fortunate children.
The Hot Weather. A reminder please, that all children must be diligent and wear their hats during break time and during afternoon activities. They are to carry a water bottle to school and to rehydrate regularly throughout the day.
The Grade 6 Excursion to Outward Bound. This trip was a resounding success with all the children learning new life skills, developing their self-confidence and their physical and mental strength. My thanks go to Mr Dube and Mrs Greenland for accompanying the children and for also assisting Grade 6 to present an enjoyable assembly display.
Litter. With assistance from the B.C.C and the E.M.A, the Grade 6 children have undertaken to clean up the land pollution along Redrup Street between our two gates.
Miss Graham and her Grade 7 class are considering a “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle” project for Carmel School.
G-D is large and in charge. Have faith. No matter how bad the situation is… it will change.